We hope you enjoyed your meal and your time together tonight! And hopefully the only fighting going on was in the form of a food fight!
Tomorrow is day 4 of “14 Days of Connecting With Your Spouse” and we’re going to get you a little out of your comfort zone – maybe. Remember, don’t accept the excuses why you can’t get this done. Make an excuse to get it done.
Day 4 – Exercise Together
We know. It’s a crazy idea. “But I’ll feel funny. It’ll be weird.” It’s ok! This is your spouse. There’s a pretty good chance you’ll still be together after you workout. Just like all of the challenges, park the excuses and find a reason you can get this done. But break the monotony a little and spend your workout time together.
Chances are – you don’t exercise together. Change that tomorrow. Pick one person’s workout and both of you complete it together. Or if you really want to mix it up and try something new, here are a few ideas:
- Yoga (Don’t knock it guys. When Troy first did it, it whooped him!)
- HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training – High intensity but quick.)
- Tabata’s (Similar to HIIT but 4 minutes per exercise. You can do 1 or more exercises.)
- Go for a walk or a run (No excuses about the cold)
- Got a kettlebell? How about a 5 minute kettlebell workout?
We can’t stress enough, keep it simple. 20-30 minutes spending time together. To make that work, the most it will take you is getting up 30 minutes earlier.
Need more motivation to give this a try? Here’s an article from Psychology Today that emphasizes the following:
For The Overachievers
So you’re looking for a bigger challenge. Here are two:
- Do both workouts – one for you and one for your spouse.
- Both of you pick something new and do 15 minutes of each.
Remember, enjoy your time together.
Don’t forget to share! #14DaysofConnecting