Our goal is to encourage involvement and conversation throughout our blog. However, we do have a few ground rules we ask you adhere to so that we don’t get into shouting matches and so that we don’t discourage others from participating.
Here is our comment policy. By commenting on our blog, you agree to the following:
- You may comment without registering. You may login via Disqus, OpenID, Twitter, Facebook, or not at all. It’s up to you.
- You may post anonymously. We don’t recommend this, and we encourage you to sign up. But, you may input an anonymous name if you wish. We may change this rule if it is abused.
- You may post follow-up questions. Please avoid asking questions or making comments through email. It’s much more efficient to respond through the comments section because chances are you’re not the only one with the question. By responding through the comments section, we answer everyone that has the question at the same time.
- You are free to disagree. We never had and never will claim that we know it all. We encourage an open debate and exchange of ideas. This will only help us all. However, we ask that if you disagree with us, or any one else, you do so in a respectful way. Here’s a hint – If you want to tell someone that you disagree with them, turn your statement into a question.
- We reserve the right to delete your comments. This is our blog and we have no obligation to publish your comments. The First Amendment gives you the right to express your opinions on your blog not ours. We reserve the right to delete any comments we choose – specifically, we will delete your comments if you post something that is, in our sole opinion, (a) in poor tase; (b) off-topic; (c) libelous, defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, profane, pornographic, offensive, false, misleading, or which otherwise violates or encourages others to violate my sense of decorum and civility or any law, including intellectual property laws; or (d) “spam,” i.e., an attempt to advertise, solicit, or otherwise promote goods and services.
- You may post links to external sites. The links must be relevant. All comments containing links must be approved before they are published.
- You retain ownership of your comments. We do not own them and we expressly disclaim any and all liability that may result from them. By commenting on our site, you agree that you retain all ownership rights in what you post here and that you will relieve us from any and all liability that may result from those postings.
- You grant us a license to post your comments. This license is worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, and royalty-free. You grant us the right to store, use, transmit, display, publish, reproduce, and distribute your comments in any format, including but not limited to a blog, in a book, a video, or presentation.
Our goal is to host interesting conversations with caring, honest, and respectful people. Please help us encourage involvement and conversation by adhering to these policies.
Adapted from michaelhyatt.com